Smart Vehicle Tracking
The prevalence of economical GPS enabled smart phone devices makes it possible to implement individual/vehicle tracking functionalities, and integrating with near real time data transfer and data management at server side provides maximum benefits in terms of visualisation, monitoring and management. This would enable the officials to make right decisions and provide appropriate re-deployment instructions as and when required in the fleet management.
The different components constituting the Smart Tracking application are as follows:
- Mobile app: Mobile Android application deployed and run in the background on the mobile device to be carried on the vehicles, which communicates location information to the Bhuvan server.
- Server application: Server side application on Bhuvan server to acquire data from vehicle-borne/individual devices & geo-processing.
- Browser app for visualization: Browser based application on Bhuvan portal for visualization and query with authenticated access for monitoring of vehicles location information.
Steps to Download and use Smart Tracking apk
Bhuvan Smart tracking is an android app which allows you to track the vehicles in an easy and intuitive Manner using smart phones.
Steps to Individual/Vehicle Tracking
- Click the link - smart LBS - to download the apk file from Bhuvan and register the vehicle details( Groupname is mandatory ) and wait for approval from Groupadmin.
- To start new job, click start tracking button. For new route click on new route or click continue to continue the previous route if the user is already tracked.
- For messaging (optional) - click on message tab and enter the message to send
- For picture (optional) - click on picture tab , select camera for capturing photo or select photo send the existing photos and upload the photo.
For detailed help, click on help button on LBS main page.
Steps to Monitor
- Register in Bhuvan and share your user id by mailing to bhuvan[at]nrsc[dot]gov[dot]in with intended use.
- Registered users having super user privilege can create Group Admin and Group Users to monitor set of individuals/vehicles associated with a group. For more details Click
Note: Smart Phone models tested are 'Samsung Galaxy Y, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy SII/ SIII, Galaxy Grand, HTC running Android OS version 2.3 or above' as on 05 Dec 2014 12:42 PM.
For further Queries Contact bhuvan[at]nrsc[dot]gov[dot]in